Hi, I'm Louise. I'm an astrologer and therapist in Exeter in the UK.

Most of my ramblings will probably be about astrology, but I'm also interested in psychology, alternative therapies, hypnotherapy, Focusing, consciousness, meditation, Integral (Ken Wilber), and the work of the Institute of Noetic Sciences.

If you want to see the astro-clock - where all the planets are right now - go to the very bottom of the page. *Note: I'm studying a lot at the moment, so I apologise for any delays in updating the blog. I will be back when I have more time. More regular updates, if shorter, appear on my Facebook page, which you can reach from the tab above. Greetings to everyone who stops by :)

Monday 28 March 2011

Gary Oldman - Empire Icon award.

He's one of my favourite actors, so I was really chuffed to hear that Gary Oldman has just won the Empire 'Icon' award. (If anyone has the time he received the award, I'd appreciate that as I wasn't watching). The Empire movie awards were held at the Grosvenor Hotel in London. 


Gary Oldman starred in Bram Stoker's 'Dracula' played Sid in 'Sid and Nancy', and had noted roles in Dark Knight, the Harry Potter films (as Sirius Black) and The Fifth Element, among many others. He's just finished filming a version of John LeCarre's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy with Colin Firth.



Please note, I don't have a time of birth for Gary, so I'm using a noon chart, but appropriately, transiting Uranus is exactly conjunct his natal Sun in Aries right now. Transiting Jupiter is also conjunct his natal Moon-Mercury conjunction in Aries (with transiting Saturn opposite).

I've also been taking note of possible 'recurrence transits' in charts recently. This is when aspects between two planets in a natal chart repeat at significant times in a person's life. It seems Gary's natal Sun-Uranus trine is currently reflected in the Sun-Uranus conjunction which is in orb but now separating. Interesting. His natal Uranus is also in Leo, (acting) so the Uranus-Sun transit emphasising the effect of this double-whammy already in his chart. Transiting Sun is also trine his natal Uranus, further emphasising the effect.  It was his birthday last Monday. Belated Happy Birthday Gary, what a great present! :)

Picture source - Jasmin Hunter via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment