Hi, I'm Louise. I'm an astrologer and therapist in Exeter in the UK.

Most of my ramblings will probably be about astrology, but I'm also interested in psychology, alternative therapies, hypnotherapy, Focusing, consciousness, meditation, Integral (Ken Wilber), and the work of the Institute of Noetic Sciences.

If you want to see the astro-clock - where all the planets are right now - go to the very bottom of the page. *Note: I'm studying a lot at the moment, so I apologise for any delays in updating the blog. I will be back when I have more time. More regular updates, if shorter, appear on my Facebook page, which you can reach from the tab above. Greetings to everyone who stops by :)

Saturday 19 March 2011

Full Moon in Virgo today is a 'Supermoon'

Today's Full Moon in Virgo, exact at 6.10pm GMT, is a 'supermoon' - the moon is full at the point when it's at (or very near) it's closest point to the earth in its orbit. It will appear bigger in the sky. I think it's by about 15% but don't quote me on that!
This is a term coined by Richard Nolle in 1979, and it's received some publicity lately in the news, so here are some links to explain the term some more.

1.    Richard Nolle's explanation of supermoons on his website
2.    Richard's article, which the Mountain Astrologer recently posted on their website.

It'll be opposing my natal Chiron in Pisces from the 3rd house (3rd-9th).
Check your own chart to see if it's touching on anything (within a degree of orb). The Moon will be at 28 degrees 48 minutes of Virgo.



You can click on the image to make it bigger. I'm now flushed with success at actually managing to post a picture to my blog, woohoo, go me! I will get the hang of all this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment